Time: 5-10 minutes
With proper cleaning and care, you can extend the beauty and life of your carpeting. But keep in mind that maintaining your carpet requires more than just running a vacuum around the house every so often.
What's in it for you?
- Prolonged carpet life
- Improved air quality
Tips to Maintaining Your Carpet
- Daily vacuuming is essential to keeping the carpet from collecting dirt and grime that could cause bacteria to grow. Regular vacuuming can also remove dust and allergens from carpets and greatly improve indoor air quality. The EPA recommends a vacuum with strong suction and a highly efficient air filter bag.
- Doormats and rugs are your friends. It may seem counterintuitive to put a rug over carpet, but it can keep dirt at bay and prolong your carpet’s life. Also, using mats at each entryway of your home can stop dirt from entering your home and reduce airborne dust particles.
- Shoes off. Taking off your shoes before you step onto carpeting can help keep it looking new and avoid putting extra pressure on the carpet fibers.
- Spill something? Clean it up immediately! This will help prevent stains from setting in as well as prevent bacteria from growing. If bacteria grows, you could be at risk of mold, mildew, and odors in your carpet.
- Snip snip. Make sure that you cut loose strands of carpet with scissors or a blade. If you pull on them you could potentially cause your carpet to run and eventually cause a large tear.
- Professional deep cleaning. Steam cleaning and shampooing your carpet at least once a year will help it last longer. You can rent a machine to do it yourself, or give Super a call so we can send a pro over to take care of it.